Sunday, March 2, 2008

Buying Aboriginal art

www.makingtracks.com.au
A lot of people are totally baffled when buying Aboriginal art for the first time, what sort of painting to buy and if I'm spending my hard-earned cash how do I know it' any good, will it go up in value and is it authentic???

Firstly, and I have said this over and over again not only to my students, but also to many who have contacted me to purchase....only buy a painting first and foremost if you really love it.

The major collectors of Aboriginal art are absolutely passionate about it, I havn't yet met one who isn't, and they do a lot of research and study... but the bottom line still is make sure you actually love the painting and can live with it, don't just buy if you think it's going up in value because it's by a famous artist...a lot of people have been caught out by that.

Over this next week I'm going to write about the in's and out's of purchasing a painting...if you have any questions please ask away

No comments: